Friday, June 29, 2007

Passing Time

Hidy Ho Neighborino’s, not much to report since the last post but I thought I would try to come up with a few things. I guess the best part is that Bart is back and brat is MIA. I also discovered something else new. We have been giving the kids fruit, fruit juice, yogurt, nuts, and we wash this all down with water. We usually trade the yogurt and juice back and forth. After a week of this on top of their usual diet something had to give. I was playing basket ball with Bart when suddenly he dashed off to the bushes. (He now knows that it’s a safe pee place) As he gets there down go the pants he gives me a worried look and grabs some more bush. I’m torn between laughing my head off and the thought of crap covered hands when I see a small roll of paper appear. (I guess I’m not the only one who carries paper everywhere I go.) He comes back with a satisfied smile on his face ready to continue. I happened to glance at Lisa who is now holding the back of her pants the same way Bart had been. I yelled for Corrine who scooped her up and went inside for the kid size toilets they have. They just made it. Corrine says the kid dropped half her body weight. Tomorrow it’s Kolbasa and cheese!

The kids are learning more English everyday and we are learning a bit more Ukrainian to. We also learned a fair amount of sign language so communicating is getting better. I can only imagine what it’ll be like in another week they do learn fast. Corrine and I have never sung the ABC’s so much in our lives even as kids. At first they both kinda smiled now they bop along and even try to join in. They went to the circus yesterday afternoon. We want to go we’ve been told that PETA and Green Peace would freak out if they saw it.

Vitaly has gone home for 4 days while the holidays are on. He was very nervous leaving us alone in the city, but we’re doing ok so far. We stumble through the markets and most cashiers (or hagglers) will show us the price on a calculator. Most prices are marked so it’s just a total. Corrine continues to amaze the locals with her command of the language. (I’m guessing she gets punched out by Sunday) Monday will be the big test…. well one of many to come.

TTFN
R&C

2 comments:

Benji and Tannis said...

We have been looking everyday and love the blog. Rob, I am having a glass of wine as I type at the lake using high speed..... (sorry to rub it in!!)It is great to hear you have met 2 kids and it sounds like you are getting closer everyday to becoming a happy family (Homer, Marge, Bart & Lisa) Please keep up with the great updates as it is very entertaining and encouraging at the same time.
Thinking of you 4!
Benji & Tannis Kilometers

kkennman said...

Sounds like you guys are having a ball. Congrats.

Robbo Bombers tied 39-39 against Edmonton. Milty tied the record.

How is the VODKA?