Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wednesdays Adventure

Hi All, not much to report today, we got the required petitions from the Notary today. This allows us to go ahead with the next steps in paper work. We confirmed that we will be travelling to Kiev Monday with the kids, Vitaly and the driver. No caregiver required, Vitaly told the director that we are getting along so well with the kids she wouldn't be needed. This will give us 5 hours each way in the van of "quality time" as well as at the doctors office. Would someone please send some nytol quick, or even something to make a nice lemony drink! lol The morning visit went by as usual except we figured out that we are bringing too much water. Bart doesn't appear to be shy about where he goes, who sees, or how often, but old faithful was gushing regularly and everywhere. (note to self: don't get the sand from the sandbox in your mouth)
We left there around noon and spent the rest of the day in the notary's office with a short break for lunch, then Corrine took me to the nearest grocery store to stock up for the afternoon visit because we weren't going to get to the apt.

The afternoon visit was only an hour thanks to the notary, but it turned out to be a blessing cause Bart decided he was going to be a brat (hmm..... same letters wonder if it means anything?) At one point even Corrine looked like she had had enough. She had a look on her face that is usually reserved for me. Lisa was pretty good swinging away (she loves the swing) and singing me a song as Corrine waged war with Bart. He settled down towards the end, again I partially blame the language barrier, also I'm sure he's testing us, and he's also just a typical mischievous boy. I have noticed he will do something to get us to pay even more attention to him and laughs and giggles when we chase after him wanting to be tickled. I have learned to pity the poor kids that come near us when Bart's in play mode. He yells at the intruder, and if that doesn't work the kid is in for it. I've had to pull him back a couple of times. Even Lisa chased off a couple of little girls hitting them with a balloon we had given her.

Due to the Ukrainian holidays we can't do much paperwork wise so Vitaly has left us to go visit his family, he'll be back on Sunday, and is assuming we'll still be alive. The language lessons we took have been a fantastic help. I can read most signs, but don't have a clue what they mean, and Corrine tries to talk to the locals usually enthusiastically blurting out the wrong words, or in some cases swearing without knowing it. Vitaly tuned her in and I just about peed my pants laughing. She had asked for some wine with no sooger (Bitch in Ukrainian). Sugar is pronounced just a little differently but enough to get her punched out.

I don't think I can describe how much I hate dial-up. I guess we are spoiled this is terribly slow. It took me 15 minutes to type this!

TTFN
R&C

1 comment:

nan said...

Your experience there is just toooo priceless. Bart sounds like he could be a "Rob,in a smaller version". Tee hee!!! Whatever happened to "Davy Deer's New Red Scarf" for your 5 road trip?????

I am so glad you are bonding so well. Your posts are all so interesting, looking forward to the next one.